Thursday, October 8, 2009

The New Media Literacies by the NML Staff

computer culture image
I just watched this video on Youtube and I think they are absolutely right, to survive and flourish in today's tech savvy society there are a whole new set of skills that must be learned to participate in what is going on around the world. If you watch this youtube, think about these questions that I have posted, I have answered them as well.....
1. What do you think of them?
I think they are very smart and right on, I wonder if they have other videos that teach you these skills???
2. Are they really the 21st century skills that will be needed to be effective artists, citizens, and workers?
I think so, it is true that a new set of skills are needed to be involved in all of the innovative things that are going on around you. I think that workers will especially need these skills in order to keep up in today's society.
3. How many of these skills do you possess? Which ones?
Not many, I am learning more everyday though. I think that I have pretty good judgment.
4. How will you acquire the others?
I do not know. I am going to have to do some research on that but I do not ever want to stop learning. I want to understand all of this new and interesting technology and if I cannot teach myself I will find someone who can teach me.
Questions courtesy of Dr. Strange.
To view this video, click here to go to YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. keep on learning, from all sources available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How will acquire the others?" GOOGLE IT! That has been my solution for most things I don't know. Goes right along with Dr. Strange's "Let's find out."

    ReplyDelete