Friday, November 13, 2009

At the Teacher's Desk

Teacher at work
I actually really enjoyed this blog! It seems like a great place to get information on exactly what I am looking for. Taking EDM 310 has opened my eyes to the kind of teacher I want to be. I want to incorporate technology into my classroom but I am struggling because I do not know how to keep learning after this class is over. Well this website is one of my answers because it has a lot of posts that are about technology in the classroom. I really liked the post about Twittering. A teacher had been out because she was sick; she returned the next day still sick because she thought her students would be testing in another room. Turns out most of them had completed the test the day before. Mr. Chamberlain came to the rescue and tweeted to everyone that he needed some websites for students to do probability games because a sick teacher needed some help and within twenty minutes he had some really great games to keep the students occupied. I think that this could really come in handy especially since my major is physical education, I could use this if I ever needed a quick idea about a class or in case it was raining one day or something, now I am intrigued to learn how to use twitter. There are some great posts on this blog about technology in the classroom and hopefully it will be kept up to date so I can use it in the classroom. For others that would like to view this website, click here to be taken to the blog "At the Teachers Desk"

1 comment:

  1. I have a complete set of instructions for using Twitter on the class blog!

    ReplyDelete