Saturday, November 21, 2009

iTunes University Group Presentation

I had a wonderful time learning about iTunes with my friends for project 11. The University of South Alabama now has iTunesU, it will be up and running beginnnig of next semester. I think that iTunesU or iTunes University is a great tool to have when teaching courses. You can communicate with your students on the go. You can post podcasts of your lectures or you can listen to podcasts from other schools to get ideas for your classroom. A lot of Ivy league colleges use iTunesU so students have access to some of the best professors in world. You can listen to thier lectures and podcasts on the go, maybe while taking a walk or while running your errands. We started our project with a Google presentation that you can view on my blog which has links to different schools iTunesU pages. Next we went to iTunesU and downloaded some popular lectures and podcasts to listen to. I use iTunes on a daily basis, and I am using iTunesU more and more when I am doing research. I think that it is a wonderful tool and I will use it in the classroom because I think it will get students excited about learning!
Here is the presentation:

No comments:

Post a Comment