Friday, November 27, 2009

Personal Learning Network

Earth with characters
My personal learning network or PLN consists of a few people, because I am just starting out, but it also consists of a bunch of great websites. As a physical education major I also will be certfied in health and I want to include nutrition into the daily activities for my students. I think it is important to teach you students a healthy way of living and I think that health and nutrition goes right along side of physical fitness and physical education. First on my list is my high school PE teacher Barbara Henry. My mom actually taught at the high school I went to and is good friends with my PE teacher and volleyball coach. Next is another teacher from high school, Julie Barbosa, she actually is a wonderful English teacher but she now coaches volleyball at Baker High School. She was my favorite teacher in high school so I can go to her with any questions that I have. I can also go to my mom, Nancy Mills, who is a teacher at Baker High as well, she is a great help in the computer department and has a lot of great ideas. A great book I use is called Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children by Robert Pangrazi and Aaron Beighle. It has a lot of great ideas for activities to do with children. I use pecentral.org that has a lot of lesson plans, www.pe4life.org has some great ideas as well. As far as health goes I use www.awesomelibrary.com, and www.teachhealth.com because it has health lesson plans. Also I use www.nche.org which is the National Center for Health Education. I want to include as much nutrition as possible into my lesson plans so for nutirtion websites I use mypyramid.gov, and nutrition.about.com, and www.nutrition.org. I think my personal learning network will get me through my first years of teaching and I think that as I grow my personal learning network will grow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment