Thursday, November 26, 2009

Summary of EDM 310

Computer classroom
I truly had a great semester, it was my first semester back after having a baby and I thought it was going to be hell but I actually had fun. I took on way too much in the beginning and burnt myself out but I recovered and I learned a lot. First I think that I will use blogs the most, I think that using a blog in the classroom is a great idea, it will get the parents involved and give the students iniative to be creative. I think that I will let the students work in groups on different posts and and we will post something every couple of days. I also enjoyed learning all of this stuff about Google! I had no idea that Google was capable of so much. I enjoyed the presentations, and learning about Google docs. I thought that the comments for kids was really neat as well, I hope that when I become a teacher I can be a part of something like that. My project 11 was on iTunesU and it is a great tool to have as a teacher. You can post lectures and different podcasts for your students. After learning about ALEX I used it quite a bit for other classes. So I think that everything that we did in class I have used or will use in the future.

I do not think there is anything that I know of that I would wanted to learn about in this class. I learned about Twitter and that is what I really interested in that I did not understand.

I think that I will use everything that I learned in this class because I want to be a tech savy teacher.

No this class did not excite me, I came because I had to but I will use what I learned.

I think that a few blog posts and and just the general knowledge you had to have for this class was intellectually challenging. I think that it was intellectually challenging because everything we did in the class was new to me.

I was never bored in this class because everything was new for me, I did not know anything when I started so a lot of it was very challenging.

I think that I would have enjoyed the class more if I was able to prepare for what we were learning in the class today. I never knew what was coming next so I could never prepare for anything and I always felt like I was catching up.

I feel like I am technologically literate right now, I will not stop learning because I think it is very important to incorporate technology in the classroom. I think that right now I am medium with technology.

This is my problem I do not know how maintain this because it is constantly changing, my mom is very tech savy (she is a computer teacher at a high school in Mobile) so I can always learn from her but as far as the new hip stuff I guess I will just have to research it.

1 comment:

  1. That's right. We all have to "research it" and USE it! It's certainly not automatic!

    ReplyDelete